The unique combination of DataLase® materials with laser technology enables high-speed in-line coding solutions that exceed the quality of traditional printing techniques.
DataLase® materials can be applied as a coating or incorporated directly into the substrate. Exposure to a low power CO2 laser light on the production line generates a colour-change prints the required information by generating an irreversible colour change in the pigment. The result is a high definition, premium quality print finish.
The DataLase® solution can be used for a range of integration methods and opens up a wealth of opportunities for printing in application areas that have been considered impossible or proven problematic using traditional techniques.
DataLase® is revolutionising the way products and packaging are printed:
Click to enlarge
The DataLase® solution delivers efficient solutions that are easy to incorporate into existing production lines and produce enhanced results:
- Lasers can be easily incorporated into the production line and are low maintenance
- Enables virtually any substrate to be laser coded
- Produces in-line variable print that seamlessly integrates with existing product/packaging design
- Ability to customise variable text, graphics and images at any time enabling late stage product differentiation
- Improved operational efficiency and productivity
- Reduces SKUs of packaging and labels: reduced operating costs and waste
- Removes need for additional consumables on the production line
- More reliable and higher speed operation
- Enhanced marketing capabilities
- Produces high-contrast, high-quality, durable print
- Enables printing beneath protective coatings or laminates
- Improved product identification and anti-counterfeiting